Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 days
- Order number: APM-Herschel-2-DX
- Open text field 1: products weight: 1,00 kg
Herschelprism with ceramic and 2" Fast-Lock
For solar white light imaging and white light visual observing. The APM White Light Wedge comes with a built in ND3 filter which allows perfectly safe imaging or visual observing of the Sun.
The function of the Herschel prism (also called Herschelprima) is based on the principle that only a small part (approx. 5%) of the incident light is used for the actual observation. The part, which is incomparably larger and also energetic, is guided through the housing and forms a focal point outside the prism. Even far behind this focal point, the light concentration is still very intense, so that (with older prisms) caution had to be exercised, so that no inexperienced observer would accidentally look into the output light beam.
The APM Herschel prism is equipped with the ceramic light trap, an multicoated integrated multicoated ND3 filter and (removable) multicoated polarizing filter. The sun can be safely observed with the APM Herschel Prism.The image brightness can be adjusted by twisting of the 2" polarizing filter by a lever from the outside. Thus, the Herschel Prism can be used both visually and also photographically same good!
The clear optical aperture is 46mm!
- screwed on but also removable top-pole filter in the 2" plug-in sleeve
- Twisting of the 2" polarizing filter by a lever from the outside
- APM Fastlock eyepiece clamp
APM White Light Wedge Packages Include
- APM 2" White Light Solar Wedge
- MC-coated Pre-Installed ND 3.0 Filter
- MC-coated Pre-Installed Polfilter
- Metal Carrying Case
- Die Cut Foam with room for accessories
|Varible polarisation filter:||yes|
|Integrated ND3 Filter||2"|
|Telescope side connection||2"|
|Eypiece side connection||2"|